2019 Family Reserve Claret
This sumptuous wine opens with aromas of dark fruit - blackberry, oak, and brown sugar.
Style #: 136
Our Family Reserve Claret is the premium red wine blend produced at Shelton Vineyards using only the best wine lots of each vintage.
This sumptuous wine opens with aromas of dark fruit - blackberry, oak, and brown sugar.The rich flavors mirror the aromas with the delightful addition of oak spice, blackcurrant, and coffee on the finish. The tannins are silky and give weight and structure to the blend and carry it forward to a lingering finish.
Our Family Reserve Claret pairs wonderfully with any grilled meats, lamb dishes, Italian dishes with rich tomato sauce and our favorite, dark Chocolate.
Cabernet Franc: 10%
Cabernet Sauvignon: 38%
Bottled: May 2021
Harvest Date: September 2019
Current Vintage Awards
Previous Vintage Awards
- Silver Medal- 2020 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal- 2020 NC Fine Wines
- Bronze Medal - 2012 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal - 2012 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Gold Medal - 2011 Bud Break Wine Competition
- Silver Medal - 2010 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
- Silver Medal - 2009 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
No reviews posted yet
You must log in to leave a review