2017 2 5 9 Petit Verdot
Our 2017 Petit Verdot pours dark, ruby red with aromas of dark chocolate, espresso bean, coco nib, and brown sugar.
Style #: 5198
Two • Five • Nine celebrates the blending of two families, five children and nine grandchildren.
The 2017 Petit Verdot was grown in our red, clay loam soil on a vertically shoot positioned trellis. This traditional Bordeaux varietal is used most years to blend with and support our Cabernets and Merlot …but this outstanding vintage stands alone. This wine pours dark, ruby red with aromas of dark chocolate, espresso bean, coco nib, and brown sugar. The body is silky with a low astringency yet full tannic structure. A heavy weight on the palate complement flavors of chocolate, maple, vanilla, and dark red fruit.
This wine has excellent cellar potential and will continue to evolve in the bottle for up to 5 years or more.
Petit Verdot: 77%
Cabernet Sauvignon: 23%
Bottled: April 2019
Harvest Date: August 2017
TA: .75 g/100ml
- Silver Medal- 2020 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver Medal- 2020 NC Fine Wines
- Silver Medal - 2019 North Carolina Commercial Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal - 2014 American Wine Society Commercial Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal - 2013 NC Commercial Wine Competition
- Silver Medal - 2013 Wines of the South Competition
- Silver Medal - 2013 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
No reviews posted yet
You must log in to leave a review
- 09.25.2021 - Triumph of the Carolinas Car Club Show
- 09.25.2021 - Music on the Terrace
- 09.26.2021 - Music on the Terrace
- 10.02.2021 - Music on the Terrace
- 10.03.2021 - Music on the Terrace
- 10.08.2021 - Vintner's Dinner @ The Harvest Grill
- 10.09.2021 - Harvest Festival
- 10.09.2021 - Music on the Terrace