2015 Estate Chardonnay
*This special is not eligible for any additional discounts or free shipping.
Enjoy a bouquet of fresh pineapple and apricot, layered with hints of brown spice, lemon, vanilla and toasted marshmallow.
Style #: 105
The golden hued 2015 vintage has a bouquet of fresh pineapple and apricot, layered with hints of brown spice, lemon, vanilla and toasted marshmallow. A round creaminess on the palate offsets a mineral character and brightness from its citrus infused acidity. Our Estate Chardonnay, harvested from a single clone from Dijon, France, whole-cluster pressed. Two different yeast strains are introduced at fermentation, followed by three strains of ML (malo-lactic) inoculation and ‘sur lies’ aging for about 9 months in French, American and Hungarian oak barrels, that completes this classically styled Chardonnay.
Our Estate Chardonnay pairs well with a varity of dishes, from complex preparations of chicken and seafood to herb roasted pork dishes as well as sautéed veal medallions.
Bottled: July 2016
Harvest Date: August 2015
- Bronze Medal - 2017 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
Previous Vintage Awards
- Bronze Award - 2017 NC Fine Wines Competition
- Silver Medal - 2016 NC Commercial Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal - 2016 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Compeition
- Bronze Medal - 2016 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver Medal - 2015 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver Medal - 2014 Tasters Guild International Wine Competition
- Gold Medal - 2014 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Silver Medal - 2013 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
- Gold Medal - 2013 Tasters Guild International Wine Judging
- Double Gold - 2012 NC Commercial Wine Competition
- Gold Medal - 2012 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
- Silver Medal - 2012 Charlotte Wine and Food Festival
- Silver Medal - 2012 US National Wine Competition
No reviews posted yet
You must log in to leave a review
- 04.14.2018 - Harvest Grill - Farm to Fork Dinner
- 04.21.2018 - British Car Gathering
- 04.25.2018 - Beaufort Wine and Food Festival
- 05.03.2018 - Savor Blowing Rock
- 05.05.2018 - Spring Fling
- 05.05.2018 - Budbreak Festival
- 05.05.2018 - Sunset Dinner in the Vineyard
- 05.11.2018 - North Carolina Brewers and Music Festival