Sweet rich flavors of black cherry, chocolate and toffee.
Style #: 123
Our 2014 Yadkin Valley Port is made predominantly from Cabernet Franc grapes in the time-honored traditional manner, and was aged for 30 months in bourbon barrels. It is a heavy textured wine with sweet rich flavors of black cherry, chocolate and toffee. The perfect finale to a memorable evening.
Our Port is a wonderful accompaniment to cheeses, fruits, cheesecake or chocolate desserts.
Cabernet Franc: 43%
Bottled: June, 2017
Harvest Date: September, 2014
Residual Sugar: 9.7%
TA: 4.45 g/L
Current Vintage Awards
- Silver Medal - 2018 North Carolina Commercial Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal - 2018 NC Fine Wine Awards
Previous Vintage Awards
- James Suckling Rating: 90 Points
- Gold Medal - 2017 Indy International Wine Competition
- Best Dessert / Port Vinifera - 2017 North Carolina Fine Wines Competition
- Silver Medal - 2013 NC Commercial Wine Competition
- Silver Medal - 2010 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal - 2009 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
- Silver Medal - 2008 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
No reviews posted yet
You must log in to leave a review